Getting ready photos are a wonderful way to capture the excitement and anticipation of your wedding day. As a Wichita wedding photographer, I've seen firsthand how these photos can be some of the most meaningful and cherished images from a couple's wedding album. But, just like any other type of photography, there are some tips and tricks that can help you get the most out of your getting ready photos. Here are my top tips for brides who want to get the best getting ready photos possible:
- Choose the right location
- The location where you get ready can make a big difference in the quality of your photos. Ideally, you want a space with plenty of natural light and a clean, clutter-free backdrop. If your hotel room or home doesn't have great natural light, consider getting ready outside or in a location with large windows. You may also want to do a quick clean-up of the room to remove any unnecessary clutter or distractions.
- Plan your timeline
- Make sure you allow enough time in your wedding day timeline for getting ready photos. Typically, you'll want to set aside at least 1-2 hours for getting ready photos, depending on the size of your wedding party and the number of details you want captured. Talk to your photographer ahead of time to get an idea of how much time they recommend for this portion of the day.
- Choose your getting ready attire wisely
- Your getting ready attire can add an extra layer of elegance and beauty to your photos. Consider wearing a pretty robe, silk pajamas, or a flowy dress in a light color. This will not only make you feel more comfortable and confident but also look stunning in your photos.
- Have your details ready
- Your wedding day is full of small details that make it unique, and you'll want to make sure your photographer captures all of them. Make sure to have your wedding dress, shoes, jewelry, and any other important details ready and accessible for your photographer to photograph when they arrive.
- Trust your photographer
- Lastly, remember that your photographer is there to capture your wedding day in the best way possible. Trust their expertise and let them guide you through the process of getting ready photos. They may suggest different poses, locations, or lighting setups that can help make your photos even more beautiful.
Getting ready photos can be some of the most magical and emotional images from your wedding day. By following these tips, you'll be able to ensure that your getting ready photos are as beautiful and meaningful as possible. Happy planning!